Job Title: Dispatch Electrician
Location: Tumbler Ridge, BC (Wolverine Mine)
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: 12-hour shifts, (7 days on / 7 days off) 2x 30-minute breaks per shift
The Dispatch Electrician works in a highly dynamic and critical mining environment. The successful candidate will be focused on high availability and support of the Dispatch System, Pit Wi-Fi Network, Terrain for Drilling, Fatigue Monitoring and Collision Avoidance Systems.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. Products from our three mine operations in Northeastern BC, Brule, Willow Creek and Wolverine, leave us well-positioned to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Three time winner of the Edward Prior Mine Safety Award for the lowest injury frequency rate in British Columbia, Conuma continues to lead the industry with multi-million-dollar investments in the latest collision avoidance and fatigue monitoring safety technologies for the protection of our employees.
Conuma is much more than metallurgical coal. Conuma and its employees are embedded in our communities. The company’s Pay It Forward program began in 2017 and since then has raised over $425,000 in support of “Our Kids” at a Bolivian Orphanage and the Vancouver Children’s Foundation. Locally, Conuma’s employee winter hockey matches ensure much-needed donations to the Food Bank, while in the summer, our employees get together to assist the local high school teams as they prepare their go-karts for the Conuma Challenge.
Our local communities in Northeastern British Columbia are amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle, and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock-climbing opportunities. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Install and maintain Wenco Mining System hardware on mining equipment fleet.
- Rajant networking infrastructure deployment and management.
- Maintain onboard radios/trailer repeaters for the Industrial network.
- Parts inventory management.
- Prioritize repairs IT/Radio Maintenance of radio systems.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Red Seal Certification as an Instrumentation Technician, Electrician or Radio Technician
- 4-8 years experience in the mining industry with thorough understanding of mining equipment, work practices, and procedures.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Valid Driver’s License
Technical Competencies and Skills
- Strong knowledge of network troubleshooting and repair. Familiar with Wenco Mining Systems or similar dispatch system hardware and software. Strong knowledge of radio hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Team collaboration is a key element for this role. Will work closely with dispatch personnel, equipment operators, and IT Department.
Leadership and Problem-Solving Capability
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proven initiative and self-motivation.
- A positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and within established timelines.
- Ability to manage and prioritize assignments.
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Lead by example to maintain high standards of conduct at workplace.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity skills.
- Be consistent and fair in decision making process.
- Proven conflict management skills.
Work Environments / Conditions
This position is required to make field visits to other areas of the mine property. He/she must have the ability to travel by foot or vehicle. Some requirements for this position include: Lifting, climbing stairs, and equipment, working around electrical equipment, and working outdoors in all weather conditions.
Work Location / Travel
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge BC.
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available. (Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place).
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
Conuma Coal Resources is an equal opportunity employer