Job Title: Maintenance Clerk
Location: Wolverine Mine, Tumbler Ridge, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week), permanent position
The Maintenance Clerk provides administrative support to the Maintenance Department.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. Products from our three mine operations in Northeastern BC, Brule, Willow Creek and Wolverine, leave us well-positioned to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Twice winner of the Edward Prior Mine Safety Award for the lowest injury frequency rate in British Columbia, Conuma continues to lead the industry with multi-million-dollar investments in the latest collision avoidance and fatigue monitoring safety technologies for the protection of our employees.
Conuma is much more than metallurgical coal. Conuma and its employees are embedded in our communities. The company’s Pay It Forward program began in 2017 and since then has raised over $425,000 in support of “Our Kids” at a Bolivian Orphanage and the Vancouver Children’s Foundation. Locally, Conuma’s employee winter hockey matches ensure much-needed donations to the Food Bank, while in the summer, our employees get together to assist the local high school teams as they prepare their go-karts for the Conuma Challenge.
Our local communities in Northeastern British Columbia are amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle, and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock-climbing opportunities. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative services and support to the maintenance department.
- Maintain crew rosters and overtime schedule.
- Maintain records of employee vacation, personal days, sick days, and all other absences.
- Collect, and maintain records of employee timecards and submit to payroll daily.
- Collect, and maintain records of equipment hours from operations department pre-trip inspections.
- Maintain records on the utilization of contractors on site.
- Provide support in the preparation of maintenance schedules and assemble work-packages to support the weekly maintenance schedule.
- Generate work-orders and supporting requisitions as directed.
- Collaborate with other departments and sites to coordinate training for maintenance employees.
- Maintain filing system for all site equipment.
- Maintain filing system for all maintenance employees.
- Update employee roster with staffing changes, maintain overtime sign-up sheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Experience in an office environment
- Experience in mining environment would be an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects and manage time.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Quick learner and adaptable to an ever-changing environment.
Work Location / Travel
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge, BC
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available. (Conuma Coal believes insupporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employeesto call home, not just a work place).
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.