Job Title: Mobile Maintenance Planner
Location: Willow Creek Mine, Chetwynd, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time, permanent position
To support the planning and scheduling of repairs of mobile equipment and supporting facilities used by the maintenance department.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. Products from our three mine operations in Northeastern BC, Brule, Willow Creek and Wolverine, leave us well-positioned to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Twice winner of the Edward Prior Mine Safety Award for the lowest injury frequency rate in British Columbia, Conuma continues to lead the industry with multi-million-dollar investments in the latest collision avoidance and fatigue monitoring safety technologies for the protection of our employees.
Conuma is much more than metallurgical coal. Conuma and its employees are embedded in our communities. The company’s Pay It Forward program began in 2017 and since then has raised over $425,000 in support of “Our Kids” at a Bolivian Orphanage and the Vancouver Children’s Foundation. Locally, Conuma’s employee winter hockey matches ensure much-needed donations to the Food Bank, while in the summer, our employees get together to assist the local high school teams as they prepare their go-karts for the Conuma Challenge.
Our local communities in Northeastern British Columbia are amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle, and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock-climbing opportunities. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
Duties and Responsibilities
Health and Safety
- Ensure adherence to Conuma Coal’s workplace policies and standard work procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control.
- Maintain a high level of Health and Safety performance through effective communication, monitoring and revision of standard work procedures.
- Identify and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace; and
- Attend and participate in all scheduled health and safety meetings and training.
- Ensure adherence to Conuma Coal’s environmental policy, work standards, management plans and regulatory obligations and requirements;
- Integrate environmental policies, programs, and practices into all activities of the organization; and
- Maintain environmental awareness amongst workforce by holding meetings and actively participate in planned environmental programs and drills.
- Candidates will convert feedback and other information into valid and effective work-orders.
- Candidates will manage and monitor the status of ordered parts/materials and expedite or de-expedite delivery of items to meet requirements;
- Candidates will work with vendors and other suppliers to resolve parts and other repair issues.
- Candidates will escalate where appropriate any issues/areas needing attention;
- Applicants will work to agreed key performance indicators on the following: Schedule Compliance, Availability, Back order/past due reduction
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates will have more than three years post-secondary education in a relevant field – trade, engineering, purchasing, project management
- Ideally candidate will have worked more than three years as a maintenance supervisor and excelled in that role.
- Candidate will have previous experience in the maintenance and repairs of earth-moving equipment.
Skills and Abilities
- A proven ability to work safely and achieve targets;
- Excellent people skills;
- Working with large data sets and sorting and reconciling data.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Literacy skills including the ability to read manuals, schematics and regulatory requirements;
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills; and
- Stress and time management skills.
- Candidate will have aptitude for logistics, planning and scheduling;
- Applicants will have excellent Vendor Management Skills; and
- Computer skills include use of Microsoft Software packages; with better than average competence in spread sheets and relational database programs
- Be able to read schematic and diagrams for the purpose of determining parts lists.
- Competence in the repair procedures for the class of equipment involved.
Work Location / Travel
- Employee bus transport is available from Chetwynd, BC
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available. (Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place).
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.