Job Title: Electrician
Location: Brule Mine, Chetwynd, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: 12-hour shifts, (7 days on / 7 days off) 2x 30-minute breaks per shift
Safely and efficiently perform electrician duties in an assigned area on an assigned shift. Ensure the reliability of the overall electrical systems on the site.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. Products from our three mine operations in Northeastern BC, Brule, Willow Creek and Wolverine, leave us well-positioned to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Three time winner of the Edward Prior Mine Safety Award for the lowest injury frequency rate in British Columbia, Conuma continues to lead the industry with multi-million-dollar investments in the latest collision avoidance and fatigue monitoring safety technologies for the protection of our employees.
Conuma is much more than metallurgical coal. Conuma and its employees are embedded in our communities. The company’s Pay It Forward program began in 2017 and since then has raised over $425,000 in support of “Our Kids” at a Bolivian Orphanage and the Vancouver Children’s Foundation. Locally, Conuma’s employee winter hockey matches ensure much-needed donations to the Food Bank, while in the summer, our employees get together to assist the local high school teams as they prepare their go-karts for the Conuma Challenge.
Our local communities in Northeastern British Columbia are amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle, and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock-climbing opportunities. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely and efficiently perform electrician duties in an assigned area on an assigned shift.
- Ensure the reliability of the overall electrical systems in both the process plant and open pit mine.
Qualifications and Experience
- Red Seal Certification
- Previous experience in an industrial environment
- Knowledge of poser distribution systems and programmable (PLC) controllers.
Skills and Abilities
- A thorough working knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code and its applicable supplements
- An understanding of acceptable safety procedures relating to work on site involving energized or de-energized electrical equipment
- Work effectively from drawings and manuals
- Manual dexterity
- Good vision (glasses are acceptable)
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Able to concentrate on detailed work
Work Environment / Conditions
This position is required to make field visits to other areas of the mine property. He/she must have the ability to travel by foot or vehicle. Some requirements for this position include: Lifting, climbing stairs, working around electrical equipment, and working outdoors in all weather conditions.
Work Location / Travel
- Employee buses are available from Tumbler Ridge and Chetwynd, BC
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available. (Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place)
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
Conuma Coal Resources is an equal opportunity employer